If you’ve lost a tooth due to accidents, injuries, trauma, or disease, you can now get it replaced in a single day. With our single implants in Corona, you can replace the underlying root structure of the missing tooth and the visible crown in a single day.
What Are Single Implants?
A dental implant is a screw-shaped titanium post that’s drilled into the jawbone underneath the empty socket of your missing tooth. The implant replaces the missing tooth’s root structure, providing a firm base for the dental crown or prosthetic.
Over time, your jawbone heals around the implant, making it a firmly rooted part of your bone structure. After healing, the dentist places a tooth-shaped and tooth-colored crown on the implant to replace the missing tooth completely.
Dental implants are suitable for patients missing one, several, or all their teeth. However, “single implants” refer to individual implants that support a single prosthetic component, such as a crown. Single implants are suitable for patients missing one tooth, requiring only one implant and crown.
Candidates for Single Implants
Single implants in Corona are suitable for patients missing one tooth or multiple teeth but in different locations on the jaw. You’re a suitable candidate for single implants if you want to replace the missing tooth permanently while ensuring it looks, functions, and feels like a real tooth. Dental implants are so natural and effective that most patients can forget they’ve had an implant.
The only requirement for a single implant is sufficient jawbone under the implant site. You should have enough jawbone density to support the implant in place. However, if you don’t have sufficient jawbone, the dentist will recommend a bone grafting procedure to encourage bone regeneration under the gum line. This restores your candidacy for single implants.
The Single Implant Procedure
- Consultation: The dentist examines your dental anatomy, runs imaging tests, discusses your goals, and creates the ideal dental implant treatment plan.
- Implant: The screw-shaped titanium implant is inserted under the gum line of the missing tooth.
- Abutment: A metallic component called an “abutment” is attached to the implant to connect the titanium screw to the crown.
- Crown: A natural-looking prosthetic tooth made of porcelain called a “crown” is attached to the abutment.
- Recovery: It takes 2 to 6 months for your jawbone to heal around the implant, making it a firmly rooted part of your dental structure.
Benefits of Single Implants
- An Implant permanently replaces a missing tooth.
- Unlike dentures, there’s no risk of the implant slipping, clicking, or sliding out.
- Unlike crown-supported bridges, there’s no need to grind down or modify healthy teeth.
- The implant-supported tooth looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth.
- Implants stimulate the jawbone, thereby preventing their gradual disintegration.
- Preserving the jawbone also prevents facial sagging.
- Caring for dental implants is no different from caring for natural teeth.
Contact 2nd Chance Smile Implant Center
2nd Chance Smile Implant Center believes everyone deserves a second chance with perfect teeth. We use the latest dental implant technologies and techniques to ensure you receive an implant-supported tooth that’s indistinguishable from your natural teeth. Please schedule an appointment at our dental center to discuss your options for single implants in Corona, California.